Friday, October 3, 2008

My old New England sadness.

I finally feel like I am back in Massachusetts the leaves started changing and the grey clouds have been in the sky since Lincoln got his first cold last friday. I feel tired today. He was up all night crying because of his fever and ear pain. He is napping at the moment and it is so quiet in my house. The cats are asleep and the rain and wind has stopped. This weekend Bill and I have big house work plans and creature making plans for the December Boston bazaar bizarre. It's exciting to have a weekend at home with Bill. Last weekend we went to visit friends in Northampton and the weekend before that Bill had to work for a book binder in Waltham. We have been so busy since we moved to Massachusetts from Philadelphia. Our house is still not homey enough so we decided that everyday we are going to do something to make our house feel more home like even if it's something small like hanging one picture. Tonight we might warm our bellies and make banana bread with our black bananas. I also need to get a pumpkin. There is nothing like feeling the weight of a fat orange vegetable in my arms. I love this time of year, the sun light, the dark evenings, the crisp air, the trees, and field grown sun warmed pumpkins.

1 comment:

Mum+Lark said...

i love how much you like big pumpkins.